Budgets are usually tight when you’re running a small business—so choosing where to allocate your money needs be carefully thought out. To help decide, let the numbers do the talking with our list of last year’s top five most requested small business services.
What do you think are the most important materials for any sized business? It’s all about the basics!
- Business Cards: According to many business owners, in order to make your company feel legitimate, you need a well thought out, creatively designed and professionally executed business card. Believe it or not, a sharp-looking card can help boost your confidence when making new business connections.
- Brochures: When you’ve got a lot to get across, a classic brochure is a great choice. Plus, because there is plenty of space for photos and information about your company, brochures continue to be a very cost effective, versatile marketing tactic.
- Flyers and Postcards: Part of the fun (and the challenge) for small business owners is getting noticed. To do so, many take advantage of a classic handout to advertise their services. These work particularly well if you have an event, announcement or special savings to offer.
Direct Mailers and Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM)
Year after year, Direct Mailers and Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) services top the PostNet small business request list—and this year is no different! But, if you’ve never used these types of marketing, you’re probably wondering what they are and how they differ.
First off, both are a double-sided printed piece that is sent through the mail. They can be used to promote sales, send offers and invites or simply raise awareness about your company. However, if you’re just starting out, you may not have a list of customers to mail to. That’s where EDDM comes in.
When you choose to use EDDM services, PostNet will work with you identify postal mail routes that align with your target demographic. Then, the postal service delivers your mailer to every address along the route, giving you the ability to target a specific area without having a list of names and addresses.
Signs & Banners
When running a small business, it’s important to stand out from the crowd—literally! Perfect for large events, trade shows, sidewalk sales, or any situation where you need to be noticed, signs and banners:
- Quickly draw attention from great distances
- Provide plenty of room to display your company’s name and logo
- Are extremely versatile and durable, which gives small business owners comfort knowing they’re investing in an item that can be used time and time again.
Many small businesses come with non-traditional office spaces. After all, as long as there’s fast Wi-Fi, you can run your company from a coffee shop, co–working space, or even the beach. But, those places are missing one important aspect—an address. The solution? PostNet’s Virtual Mailboxes.
Virtual Mail is like a PO Box that you manage online. We’ll take a photo of your mail and packages when they arrive, then you can view and manage them online. What’s more, with a Virtual Mailbox you can:
- Review your mail online, then instruct us to scan, shred, or recycle your mail
- Forward mail and packages to any address
- Remotely deposit checks and schedule pickups
International Shipping and Logistics
Keeping track of the ins and outs of international shipping can be overwhelming—especially when you already have 100 items on your to-do list. And with so many logistical factors and specifications on regulations, weights, sizes, carriers, prices, shipping times, there’s a lot to keep track of. Luckily, many small business owners know that when they come to PostNet for their international shipping, their experience will always be simple, affordable and convenient.
Want to take advantage of these services and more? Stop by your local centre and discover how we can help take your small business to the next level.